Different state in Malaysia comprise different recipe of Bubur Ashura. The North of Penisular Malaysia prefer sweet Bubur Ashura while the east coast and south prefer Bubur Ashura which is similar to Bubur Lambuk .
Albaloo would like to share the recipes of Bubur Ashura to our lovely muslim users.
- 2 cup of rice
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 cup of blended beef/ blended chicken
- 1 tsp of white pepper powder
- 1 tsp of black pepper powder
- Nuts (peanuts, chickpeas etc. – soaked overnight)
- Celery chop finely
- Potato and carrot chop diced
- Salt and sugar
- Fried onions
- 4 tbsp rempah soto / soto soup spices powder + kurma spices powder)
- 1 pack Sup Bunjut
- 4 main spices (cinnamon, star anise, clove flower and kapulaga)
- Seasoning powder (chicken stock)
- 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
Ingredients to blend
- 1 big red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch of ginger
Ingredients to slice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inch of ginger
- 1/2 of big red onion
- Preheat some oil, stir fry 4 main spices, then add ingredients B, saute until lightly golden and fragrant.
- Mix the rempah soto with ½ cup of water into it and cook for awhile.
- Add in the meat, black and white pepper, sup bunjut and some water. While stirring the soup, add in the rice, nuts, salt, sugar and chicken stock till its boil.
- When the rice are cook, add potato and carrot.
- After the nuts, potato and carrot become soft, add the coconut milk and warm water when the consistency is thick.
- Taste it and add some salt.
- When its cook, sprinkle with fried onions and celery. Take out the 4 main spices and sup banjut from the porridge.
- Ready to serve with omelet.